Sunday, August 24, 2008

Already?

Wow that week went fast! Here it is, less than 10 hours away from my first class. I gotta stop writing these things at midnight...

I was an orientation leader this past week and had the opportunity to meet some of the incoming students. I hope we sparked some interest in campus activities, but more importantly, I hope we gave them some of the tools they will need to survive their first semester. I didn't last a year the first time I went to college. Too much drama, not enough support system.

Speaking of support system, my awesome friend Todd just left. We were working on some posters for the Luau tomorrow. I really hope that people get more involved this semester. I know student apathy is a huge problem at every university, but it doesn't stop us from trying to fight it. The old saying about "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink" is true. We'll keep leading anyway. I honestly regret spending the first two years in the background. I've met so many fantastic people and I don't know what I'd do without them. They keep me sane when I think I'm losing it, and they keep me smiling even when I don't want to.

Well, guys, I officially announced my intent to graduate in December. My hands were shaking when I hit the button. :) My husband is so proud of me. It's hard to believe that this crazy ride is almost over. What am I going to do when I don't have a billion things on my plate? What's the next leg of my educational journey going to be like? Do I have what it takes?

Til Tomorrow,
Jess

No comments: