Friday, August 15, 2008

Bleeding Blue and White

I'm typing this at 1:30 in the morning after our second full day at the aforementioned Summer Leadership Conference. Today was great: our groups participated in a variety of volunteer projects, we had a great guest speaker, I learned what color best represented my personality, and of course the Penn State Pride Dinner was phenomenal. This is my third conference, and my last as I'm graduating in December. It's a little bittersweet. I had a great time with new friends and old, but it's been in the back of my mind that this is my LAST conference and I'll never experience this again.
If you, dear reader, ever get the opportunity to go to this conference, do it. I've learned about so much over the past three summers. I've learned how to be a better leader, how to deal with conflict, how to push myself outside of my comfort zone and how to let go of (most of) my insecurities and just be a proud Penn Stater for the weekend. I've come to realize that the Commonwealth is filled with amazing, motivated, creative, and brilliant people. I've also been honored by the company of the wonderful people that attend York. I now have six other people that I know I can always count on to say hello in the halls. 8^) I wish I could bottle this experience and bring it back to share with all of you. I wish you could feel the incredible amount of love and acceptance and pride that fill these halls. If only we could all find something to be this proud to be a part of....we could change the world.
Get ready guys! School's only a week away and it's going to be a great year. I'm ready to Luau on the 25th!

With Pride,
Jess

No comments: