Tuesday, August 12, 2008

McCain Town Hall Meeting

I went to the "Straight Talk" Town Hall meeting at the York Expo center hosted by Senator McCain. It certainly reaffirmed my stance on the upcoming election.

McCain spoke primarily on energy policy (offshore drilling and nuclear power were a big focus) and the recent events in Georgia.

I really had an incredibly fun debate with two pastors from a local church (I won't mention who or which church without their permission) about abortion rights and gay marriage while handing out a couple dozen Obama Pamphlets to people waiting in line - also met a few interesting supporters also outside hold signs/handing out literature etc. I met a couple people on the fence who were coming to get a better idea of McCain's stance on various issues. It's pretty amazing to hear everyone's story and see where they're coming from.

I might write up a longer critique later but this will have to do for now.

Stephen

No comments: