Thursday, August 28, 2008

The hardest part is walking out the door...

So it all started with one run. One run which had the ability to change his life. One run which would take a young man to be able to race with the rest of the world's greatest runners. This man I speak of is Ryan Hall, a man of pure inspiration and unbelievable dedication to running. But the thing is that he doesn't do it for himself, he does it for God.

Now to me, that is a man with a passion and a drive like nothing else. He resembles exactly what happens when you set yourself to something more than your own ambitions. It resembles a man who knows that life is not all about him.

So simply stating, where does this have any connection to my life? I have started to really study hard in all my classes, get more involved in college, work to get myself onto a respectable financial platform where I don't rely on my parents for everything I need, and last, but surely not least, I have begun to run again. But as I was finishing my run today, I thought to myself what someone asked me the other day, "Why are you running again?". And in that moment of my last few strides, I asked myself, "What am I running for? Why am I doing the things that I do at college? What is my goal right now in life?" But even at this moment the answer hides from me.

So after my run I laid in the pool and relaxed, still thinking about my current goals and aspirations when I came to a basic realization. Ryan Hall knew the answer clear as day. He didn't worry about what the next day brought along. He prayed for guidance and a clear path to follow. He knew there would be walls in his path but he would be granted with the ability to overcome them.

So in the wake of this, I have come to realize that all you have to do is go on that one run. That one daring run can hold the ability to change your life in ways you may have never imagined. If you just set your mind off of yourself, you can have the ability to go far.

God Bless
Matt

No comments: