Tuesday, August 5, 2008

It's HOW much?

Despite the fact that I am on the last leg of my undergraduate degree journey, it never ceases to amaze me just how much my books cost every semester. According to one of the graduate schools I'm applying to, I need to take trigonometry. So not only have I just increased my credit load to 18.5 credits, but I now need to buy a $125 book. Blah. I'm taking Trig, Physics II, and I have to take Chem II up at Harrisburg because it's not offered here in the fall. Math and science books are by far the most expensive to buy, so needless to say it's going to be a pricey semester.

I think I'm crazy to take so much my last semester. But PSY is offering a new 400 level theatre class and I really hate to pass that up. But if I get too overloaded, I still have a ton of drop credits. So no worries. From what I'm hearing from all these graduate programs, I might as well get used to this type of work load. This is exactly what grad school is going to be like. I don't know if I'm more scared or excited to be graduating. There's still a lot of schooling ahead of me, so graduation is less of a finale for me and more of a midway point. :) I just have to keep my eyes on the prize and think of what my paychecks are going to look like when I'm done with all of this. No more Ramen noodles!! LOL

Til Next Week,
Jess

No comments: